One of the most exciting advances in rehabilitative medicine as of late is personalized blood flow restriction training. PBFR is an innovative new technology that can replicate and accelerate muscle growth, strength, and endurance using 20-30% normal loads in 1/3 of the time. It uses a medical tourniquet system that measures your arterial occlusion (the amount of pressure it takes to sop blood flow) and maintains a constant percentage of this occlusion to ensure effectiveness and safety.
What is BFR Used for?
- Expedited recovery.
- Muscle growth and strength.
- Building muscle and strength when held back by pain.
- Increasing muscle strength.
- Strengthening with inflammatory or degenerative conditions.
- Preventing muscle wasting post surgery.
- Accelerating rehabilitation outcomes.
- Accelerating prehabilitation outcomes.
These are just an overview of the many things BFR can be used to help treat. The advantage of the Delfi Medical PBFR and ORS protocols that we use in Integrated Movement Training is that of a safe, effective, and personalized program that has been tested and approved for use by medical professionals. The Delfi system helps us optimally achieve the following effects with the best results on the market today:
- Diminish atrophy and loss of strength from disuse and non-weight bearing after injuries
- Increase strength with only 30% loads
- Increase hypertrophy with only 30% loads
- Improve muscle endurance in 1/3 the time
- Improve muscle protein synthesis in all age categories
- Improve strength and hypertrophy after surgery
- Improve muscle activation
- Increase growth hormone responses
- Increase IGF Response
With all of these effects and more, BFR and specifically PBFR can offer significant advances in time normally taken to rehabilitate injury and achieve strength goals. To learn more about PBFR (insert ESM/balance ad) offered by your Integrated Movement Training Provider.
By: Isaac Olajos
*For more information on Personalized Blood Flow Restriction Training please contact email@example.com